Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Learning objectives


First I want to mention that the examples of Wim and Alexander did help me to start. After a writers "block" and a Dutch kick in the ass I start.

I have considered that when I want to get fun in working on the internet. I've just got to explore and try to use several tools. I start to use MSN, place the fotographs in a folder. I did not manage to get them in a folder on I google. And I have to admit it's also fun to follow what computers can do. Ok what people want that computers do in order to people!

Still I wonder how it will be to be an teacher in an open, digital environment. I think it will become more and more a habit to teach and learn this way.

I also want to discuss with you all how we use the input of students. When we use input of students, it means that we ought to be flexible in building the program and sometimes go with the flow!

Week 4 + 5

* W'll gonna work out the pro's and cons about the e learning. Grete suggested in readings. I started to read Gilly Salmon. I think it's a good suggestion to read all different books and papers

* I've made a start off building a course, but I ought to consider more how I can use it by
E learning. I've given the same sort of programm tree years ago but of course the environment was different.

* The reading and making a paper will be the main task for me this week.

* Have a chat with Wim and Alexander 5 of may (Liberation Day in Holland).

Week 6

* Exercise and practice with tools every week a bit.

* Develop a curriculum plan. Based on an example give by the teachers.

* Search literature about Exclusion, Social participation in Europe, Unemployment in Europe.

* How do I to make this program international. What is the suplus value?

* Think about the way To give correct feedback to the other students.

* What will be the subject of the trigger. What do I want to show? Where do I want to use the trigger for?


Week 7

* Ask Pieter or Remmelt (collegues) to help me to make a trigger.

* Again practice with tools.

* Read Mcdonell

* ..........................

Week 8

* Reconsider about my own course structure made at the end of April.
Is the structure logical. Has every lesson a good structure? What do I want that the students do and learn every lesson.
- Subject
- Introduction use dfifferent tools
- Discussion
- Survey of the meeting ( students or teacher)
- New assignment next week
- ................................................

Week 9

* Have I developped my computer knowledge?
* What do I know about e learning?
* Which tools I prefere to use.
* Do I have enough theoretical information about the itemms of the program?
* What do I ought to ask to get the students to get involved into the program?

* Construct the program and make an examination assingment.

Mark

3 comments:

  1. hi mark,

    cool that you inserted a photo in your blog! one of your favorite spots of Bergen, isn´t it? it is as you wrote, you just have to start and to explore, and you will see that the tools will come to you almost by itself, I am pretty sure of it. so, I hope it works for you, and that you will be able to find the fun in it more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark,

    Fine to hear something of you. I think you will see that computers can be really fun.

    I heard today about the dramatic accident or attack in Apeldoorn. I think in the Netherlands a lot of people must be in shock.

    I think you have a good plan, with clear goals. We will have a lot of work ahead, bit I read the text of Anna Sfard today and it was interesting. However, reading in English takes some more time.
    See you on the chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark!
    Sorry for being so late in answering you; -- but this has been a very busy week! And as I noticed that there were some problems with accessing the McConnel’s reading, I tried to sort this out as the number one priority the first days of the week!

    But regarding your blog: I found it very impressing to read you long and detailed blog-note, with clear goals and accurate plan of what to do and when to do it! This is a very, very good start of your future work.
    And I think that when you make an overview like this, you see what you need to do to be able to do your task and try out the tools you might want to use in your future work as an ordinary teacher back home; as well as this thing you have too do during the course.
    I hope you are able to sort out he difficulties that the InHolland security rules makes for us msm-ing; -because I would really have enjoyed to “talk to you” on Tuesday!

    As you can understand; I am very pleased with how you plan to work you way through the course; and I hope you will have the time and the possibility to fulfill this without too much work in afternoons and week-ends!
    Finally I will just ask you to please note the comment I have given both Alexander and Wim about the final assignment, - and especially part 1 here. Last year we found that this gave problems for many our students; because meta-reflection of this kind is not something we as teachers are used too do! I am so pleased to see that all you 3 students really put weight upon this reflection part, - and as I say to you peers, this is something of what we find is the most important aim of our course!

    That was a comment to your schedule, -- your task 3.

    But what I found was most joyful was to read your personal reflections over how you want to get the “fun out of your computer”. That is the right attitude! And I am both awed over how decided and committed you seem to been to learn these different tools of the virtual world; - and impressed over what you manage to do.
    As the picture in the blog; - thank you for sharing it with us!! And you shall know: this picture is really a good trigger!! It gave me so many different thoughts; about crossing hurdles when learning, about how the important things can grow from a barren landscape, s, how we had some wonderful moments together in the Norwegian pastorally countryside (I think this is Lygra; -- but I can be mistaken…?)

    So Mark, good luck with your future work in our course! Continue with learning and testing out how to enhance you very good ways of teaching your students in campus (to give you the “correct” e-learning acronym: I am now talking about your F2F = Face-to-Face- teaching) with the help of the e-e teaching tools, when you find this a useful thing to do.
    best wishes, Grete Oline

    ReplyDelete