Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally I've made my course



Today, at my daughters birthday, I finish my course. I agree it's to late and I'm lucky that my teachers will accept my course and asses my story. I'm truly aware of it. When I look back after the past four months i did have a rough time. My knowledge of computers and the way I write in English are not at a level I want to work. That has made me insecure. But when the students left school and I've had a good holiday I want to show to my teachers (and also to myself)that I'm not a fool. So I start again and work on the course. I would like to show that I take the course very serious. Atthis moment I can say that I've learned a lot! The course has also brought me new computer skills. Before april 2009 I only use programs as power point, outlook etc and for example never upload photographs. Was'nt aware of the existence of picassa, flickr and so on. Well I can't say I'm an expert but I use more programs of the computer. The next months I shall practice more. And as my teacher Grete Oline taught me: the computer must do what you want instead of my way of thinking "What's happening at the screen?
I do think that my lack of knowledge stand in my way to develop a course. My lack of knowledge has its influence on the level of my course.
I have also thought about the way teachers can use their knowledge on internet. In my opinion it demands different didactical skills than normally in regular classes ( small or large classes) I try to make contact. Whithout face to face contact I I've use other skills to make lessons and I've tried to use the principal "comparative" learning. I must say I'm glad the job is almost finished. Teachers comments....Well I'm still have to think about my resistance and my fear for computers. Give me something to think and reflect about....
The next months I will practice more with computer skills and programs, think about my fear and start with english lessons. And next monday my lessons starts again...
Well I'm still learning; how to remove photographs......

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mark,

    I am glad you made it. I am sure that you did a good job, because you have so much experience in practice. Hope to meet you some day...

    Greetings,

    ReplyDelete